Proverbs 6:22-23 NLT
O: I love my daughter and I will do anything for her. I am patient with her and speak to her in a way that edifies her. I am concerned with her development and do whatever I can to teach her values and principles to be who God created her to be. Likewise, my mentees deserve the same. They are lives God put in my life to edify, develop and teach to be who he has created them to be. My heart breaks for them just as my heart breaks for my daughter.
A: Speaking wise counsel into the lives of my mentees is therefore crucial. For when they walk, my counsel will lead them. When they sleep, my prayers will protect them. When they wake up, I will advise them according to biblical instruction. For my command from God is a lamp and the instruction a light; the corrective discipline is the way to life. My mentees are my spiritual children, I will do what I need to do to help them fulfill their God given gifts.
P: Lord you are my God and I will forever praise you!!!! You are worthy to be praised in every area of our lives. Who am I that you would trust me with your children's lives? I am but your servant. I surrender all to you. Let your kingdom come. Let your will be done in them and through them. Give me the strength to endure and the discernment to know I need rest to recharge. Forgive me for neglectig myself. I know I am better when I do self-care. Lead my thoughts and actions to be of you. Deliver me from any thought or action not of you. You have given me the authority and everything I do is for your glory. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment