“The way of the LORD is a stronghold to those with integrity, but it destroys the wicked.” Proverbs 10:29 NLT
O: Our name is our identity. For most, it's also our brand. Biblically names are very important. Often times a name came from what the mother was experiencing at the time of her birth. For Jabaz, it was pain, for Judah it was praise. Jesus himself is the name above all names. Notice that some names are continuously talked about through out the Bible, Abraham, Issac and Jacob. Also notice modern times, we still hear those names, Abraham, Issac and Jacob, Joshua, Caleb, Elizabeth, Mary. We don't really here people named Judas or Cain. For those who wer righteous God honored their name and those who were wicked, there name faded into history never to be heard of again.
A: God lifts my name up. Being obedient to his instruction as my strength and my foundation for integrity he will bless me and my name be spread around the world. When I try to do things on my own accord no one will know my name and I will destroy myself with pride.
P: My father I adore you more than anything my heart could wish for. I want more and more of you. Your name is higher than any other. Your kingdom is great and your will is divine. Give me you Lord. I don't want more of anything without you. Your blessings are better than my desires. Your ways are definitely better than my ways. Forgive me for not coming to you with my burdens and trusting more in my own strength. I don't want to destroy myself and my name to rot. Deliver me from my old self. May I rise as your servant. You are wonderful! May all I do be in your power and for your glory. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment